PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor all code is executed on the server.
Mandatory Knowledge Before Knowing PHP
Before you go through next step you should have a basic requirements of the following technologies for web development as well:
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS
If you want to find these study material first, find the these tutorials on our website Home page.
What is PHP?
- PHP stand for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
- object-oriented language.
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP codes are executed on the server
- PHP is free to use and download
- In PHP we use “.php” files extension
- In PHP we can design dynamic page content
- In PHP we can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- In PHP we can gather form data
- In PHP we can send and receive cookies
- In PHP we can add, delete, modify data in your database
- In PHP we can encrypt data
Why We Use PHP?
- PHP runs on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is suitable with mostly all servers (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP handle a wide range of databases
- PHP is free to use. And you can Download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net
- PHP is flexible to use and simple to learn
Advantages of PHP
If you’re knowing with other server-side languages like ASP.NET or Java, you might be surprising what makes PHP so special. There are lots of advantages why everyone should choose PHP Nowadays.
- Easy and Simple to learn: PHP is easy to learn and simple to use. For beginner engineers who just want to started career in web development, PHP is the best platform and PHP is often considered as the preferable choice of language to learn.
- Open source: PHP is an open-source project which means , It is developed and maintained by a worldwide community of developers who provide its script freely available to download and use.
- Portability: PHP runs on multiple platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS, etc. and it is suitable with almost all servers used today such Apache, IIS, etc.
- Fast Performance: Codes written in PHP usually execute or runs faster than those written in other scripting languages like ASP, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Vast Community: Since PHP is sustained by the worldwide community, finding help or documentation related to PHP online is extremely easy.
What PHP Tutorial Covers
In PHP tutorial we contains all the significant programming concepts, including PHP data types, PHP operators, creating and using variables, generating outputs, structuring your code to make decisions in your programs , creating and manipulating strings and arrays, defining and calling functions, and so on.
Once you’re understand with the basics of PHP concepts , you’ll go through to next second level that explains the concept PHP file system, PHP sessions and PHP cookies, PHP dates and times, how to send email from your script, PHP handling and validating forms, perform data filtration and handling errors in PHP.
In last, you’ll explore some advanced level concepts like PHP classes and PHP objects, PHP parsing JSON data, pattern matching with PHP regular expressions, PHP exception handling as well as how to use PHP to manipulate data in MySQL database and create useful features like user login system, PHP Ajax search, etc.